The Certified Pre-Owned Advantage
Instead of worries our vehicles come with a 150+ point inspection, a Manufacturer's Warranty, 24-hour Roadside Assistance and an Exchange Privilege.
WE GO OVER EVERY INCH
SO YOU CAN COVER EVERY MILE.
You might not worry much about the condition of your hose clamps or the vacuum system or the brake pads. You'll never have to, either, with one of our GM Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles. Before they reach the sales floor, each one of our vehicles is meticulously looked over by a licensed mechanic. That means by the time you look at them, every single vehicle has passed our painstaking 150+ point inspection.
The 150+ point inspection includes:
ENGINE COMPARTMENT2. Hood release, hinges, prop rod or gas struts provide proper operation.
3. Check finish (rust, corrosion).
4. Check factory instruction stickers.
ENGINE CONDITION5. Verify original equipment and displacement.
6. Valve covers and head gaskets in good condition.
7. Condition of engine belts, automatic belt tensioner, hoses, and wires.
8. Condition of hose clamps, retainer clips, and wire casings.
9. Look for areas of concentrated dirt or grime.
ENGINE OIL LEVEL/CONDITION10. Check engine oil level, verify oil clarity and viscosity.
ENGINE COOLANT LEVEL/CONDITION11. Check radiator for leaks and damage/fan shroud is securely in place.
12. Verify that blades of cooling fans are not broken or bent.
13. Check coolant level, freeze protection rating.
AIR FILTER INSPECTION14. Inspect air filter/filter housing for debris (leaves, bugs).
BATTERY LOAD TEST15. Inspect battery for cracks. Clean and inspect battery top, posts & cables.
16. Measure battery voltage/conduct load test.
IGNITION SYSTEM17. Inspect system for loose, cracked or burned wires.
18. Check wire for short circuits and arcing.
POWER STEERING FLUID LEVEL19. Inspect power steering fluid level.
BRAKE FLUID LEVEL20. Locate and inspect master cylinder reservoir, check brake fluid level.
AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID LEVEL & CONDITION21. Check all ranges from "Park" to "1st" for proper engagement.
22. Fluid level meets manufacturer's specified level, clarity and viscosity.
FUEL SYSTEM23. Inspect fuel injection system for proper operation.
24. Check fuel system for leaks or loose wires and lines.
25. Inspect evaporative emissions for proper operation.
MANUAL TRANSMISSION FLUID LEVEL26. Measure fluid level, clarity and viscosity (if equipped).
MANUAL TRANSMISSION HYDRAULIC CLUTCH FLUID LEVEL27. Check clutch fluid reservoir for proper level.
WASHER FLUID LEVEL28. Inspect/fill washer fluid reservoir (front)/(rear, if equipped).
STARTER PERFORMANCE (AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION)29. Check that starter only operates in "Park" or "Neutral".
STARTER PERFORMANCE (MANUAL TRANSMISSION)30. Starts only when clutch pedal pressed all the way down (GM Vehicles).
ENGINE RUNNING, NOISE, VIBRATION & HARSHNESS31. Check for fluid leaks or valvetrain noise.
32. Vacuum system condition.
33. Fuel delivery system.
34. Valve cover/cylinder head/exhaust manifold gaskets soundness.
35. Radiator/heater hoses condition.
36. Power steering pump/hose condition.
37. No squeaking belts.
ABS AND SRS38. SRS system warning light/self test.
39. A B S system warning light/self test.
INSTRUMENT PANEL40. Instrument panel/gauge lights and operation.
41. Electronic instrument cluster, Head-up Display operational (if equipped).
CLIMATE CONTROL42. HVAC/Front and Rear Electronic Climate Control (if equipped).
43. All climate control directional functions/vents working properly.
AUDIO/VIDEO SYSTEM44. Audio controls, speakers, steering wheel controls (if equipped).
45. Power antenna (if equipped).
46. DVD player operational (if equipped).
47. Navigation system operational (if equipped).
WINDSHIELD WIPER/WASHER OPERATION48. Front wiper/washer controls are operational.
49. Front wiper blades.
50. Rear wiper/washer controls are operational (if equipped).
51. Rear wiper blade (if equipped).
ELECTRIC REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER OPERATION52. Defroster switch/heating grid operation.
HORN OPERATION53. Horn operation/sound quality.
LIGHTER/POWERPOINT OUTLETS54. Cigarette lighter operational, aux. powerpoints operational.
TILT STEERING WHEEL (IF EQUIPPED)55. Steering wheel locks in each tilt position.
INSIDE REARVIEW MIRROR56. Rearview mirror adjust, range of movement, Auto dim (if equipped).
57. Map/Reading lights (if equipped).
WINDOWS58. Power windows and controls are operational (if equipped).
59. Sliding rear window/vent windows (if equipped).
OUTSIDE MIRROR CONTROLS60. Check mirrors for full movement in all directions.
61. Check that mirrors have good clarity and no scratches or cracks.
62. Heated Mirrors/Personal Memory systems function (if equipped).
POWER SUNROOF OPERATION (IF EQUIPPED)63. Sunroof opens, tilts and closes properly.
64. Check sunroof track for any obstructions or damage.
65. Check sunroof seals for any cracks or damage.
REMOVABLE ROOF PANELS (IF EQUIPPED)66. Roof panel latches.
67. Check roof panel weather stripping for cracks or damage.
CONVERTIBLE TOP OPERATION (IF EQUIPPED)68. Headliner condition (if equipped).
69. Check roof structure for bent rods or damage.
70. Top opens and closes fully.
71. Rear window, glass or plastic condition.
72. Convertible top seals and clamps.
SEAT FABRIC AND TRIM CONDITION73. Vehicle seats are free from wear, stains, or tears.
74. Passenger compartment trim panels fit and finish.
75. Headliner fit and condition.
SEAT ADJUSTMENT76. Driver and Passenger seat tracks are operational.
77. Adjustable head restraints (if equipped).
78. Folding rear seatback/Valet Lockout feature (if equipped).
79. Driver/passenger/rear seat controls are operational.
SAFETY BELT CONDITION/INTEGRAL CHILD SEAT OPERATION80. All seat belts are operational.
81. Inspect safety belt webbing and buckles at all seating positions.
82. Height adjustable shoulder belts work correctly (if equipped).
83. Check that integral child seat is operating properly (if equipped).
84. Inspect all child seat hardware and latches.
SUN VISOR OPERATION AND CONDITION85. Sun visors are operational.
INTERIOR/COURTESY LIGHT OPERATION86. Check that all interior lights/switches are operational.
REMOTE DECKLID/LIFTGATE RELEASE OPERATION87. Check operation of decklid/liftgate during remote release.
88. Inspect weather seal for damage.
89. Decklid pull down feature (if equipped).
REMOTE FUEL FILLER DOOR RELEASE OPERATION (IF EQUIPPED)90. Inspect operation of the remote fuel filler door release feature.
91. Interior fuel door switch, release mechanism working properly.
ASHTRAY92. Inspect ashtray for broken, bent, or melted components.
GLOVE BOX OPERATION93. Inspect latch, lock, and hinges for proper operation.
DOOR TRIM AND LOCK OPERATION94. Check that all doors open and close smoothly.
95. Inspect operation manual or power door locks, rear door security lock.
96. Check that doors cannot be opened in the "Locked" position.
97. Check handheld remote transmitter operational (if equipped).
98. Check all interior/exterior door handles for damage.
99. Inspect fit and finish of each door trim panel, armrest, assist strap.
CARPET AND FLOOR MAT CONDITION100. Inspect carpet and floor mats for burns, dirt, excessive wear.
CARGO AREA101. Inspect cargo area trim panels for fit and finish.
102. Cargo area, door lock switch operation, powerpoint power (if equipped).
SPARE TIRE CONDITION/JACK & WRENCH LOCATION103. Inspect spare tire and wheel condition.
104. Inspect that all tools needed for spare tire change are intact.
HEAD LAMP/FOG LAMP OPERATIONS105. Headlamp switch, High/Low beam is functional.
106. Headlamps are aimed properly.
107. Twilight/headlamp delay feature OK (if equipped).
108. Fog lamps are aimed and functional (if equipped).
PARKING/BRAKE/BACK UP/TURN & SIDE MARKER LAMPS109. Front and rear parking lamps.
110. Brake and backup lamps.
111. Left/Right turn signal lamps.
HAZARD WARNING LIGHTS112. Hazard warning lights work with vehicle running/not running.
WHEEL AND TIRE CONDITION (INSPECT PRE-TEST DRIVE AND IN SERVICE BAY)113. Tires meet 4/32" minimum requirement.
114. Wheel covers/wheel centre hubs OK (if equipped).
115. Tire side walls, valve stems, and wear pattern.
116. Tire size/correct air pressure/lug nuts secured.
117. Inspect wheel rims for damage.
SHOCK ABSORBER TEST118. Front shock absorbers/strut assembly.
119. Rear shock absorbers/strut assembly.
BRAKE SHIFT/TRANSMISSION INTERLOCK (AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION)120. Gear selector cannot be moved out of Park unless brake is applied.
TRANSMISSION OPERATION (AUTOMATIC)121. Transmission gear engagement/shift points are smooth.
TRANSMISSION OPERATION (MANUAL)122. Clutch pedal/gear shift engagement.
123. No transmission noise.
ENGINE PERFORMANCE124. Engine driveability/performance.
BRAKE OPERATION125. Power assisted braking system is functional.
126. Rear parking assistance monitor operational (if equipped).
127. Anti-lock brake system warning/self-test light is functional.
128. Anti-lock brake system functional (if equipped).
129. Vehicle tracks straight under hard braking conditions.
SUSPENSION/DRIVETRAIN/NOISE/VIBRATION/HARSHNESS130. No abnormal vehicle noise, vibrations or harshness identified.
CORNERING ABILITY131. Vehicle cornering dynamics.
132. Vehicle has no abnormal body roll.
CRUISE CONTROL (IF EQUIPPED)133. Cruise control holds a set speed/adjustments work properly.
TRANSMISSION CASE INSPECTION134. Transmission case/pan structurally sound.
MANUAL TRANSMISSION FLUID LEVEL AND CONDITION135. Fluid level, clarity and condition.
TRANSFER CASE (4-WHEEL DRIVE MODELS)136. Fluid level, clarity and condition.
137. Transfer case/skid plate structural condition.
BRAKE SYSTEM CONDITION138. Brake rotor/drum surfaces.
139. Brake pads/shoes have 40% or more remaining pad life.
140. Brake shoes have 40% or more remaining life.
141. Parking brake operation.
ENGINE MOUNTS/FRONT SUSPENSION LINKS & BUSHINGS142. Inspect all engine mounts, grommets and bushings.
143. Front suspension links/sway bar/mounts.
STRUTS AND SHOCK ABSORBER CONDITION144. Shock absorbers/struts free of leaks and damage.
STEERING SYSTEM CONDITION145. Inspect structural condition of all steering system elements.
CV JOINT DUST BOOT CONDITION146. CV dust cover boot void of rips/damage.
DRIVE AXLE, AXLE FLUID LEVELS147. Drive axle meets Manufacturer specifications.
148. Inspect differential case for fluid leaks.
149. Front/Drive axle fluid level.
FUEL TANK SYSTEM CONDITION150. Fuel tank and delivery lines are sound, no fuel odour.
VEHICLE/STRUCTURAL DAMAGE151. Vehicle shows no signs of collision damage.
EXHAUST SYSTEM152. Exhaust system hung/routed properly, meets structural integrity, exhaust tone.
ENGINE OIL AND FILTER CHANGE, CHASSIS LUBE153. Lubricate all chassis points, perform engine oil and filter change.
EXTERIOR WEAR AND TEAR INSPECTION WINDOW GLASS154. Inspect all glass surfaces for chips and cracks.
HOOD CONDITION155. Inspect hood for proper alignment with fenders, grille, and fascia.
156. Inspect hood's finish for dents and scratches.
GRILLE, FRONTER, AND FASCIA CONDITION157. Check thater guards and rubstrips are securely fastened.
158. Check grille, fronter, or fascia alignment/condition.
159. Vehicle is free from road tar and tree sap.
DRIVER SIDE FENDER, DOOR(S), QUARTER PANEL CONDITION160. Inspect for panel alignment, finish quality, previous body work.
161. Weather seals, placement/condition.
162. Bodyside mirrors, mouldings and badging properly secured.
DECKLID, LIFTGATE, TAILGATE OR REAR CARGO DOOR CONDITION163. Inspect the rear body panel surfaces for dings, dents and scratches.
164. Decklid, liftgate or rear panel doors.
165. Weather seals, placement/condition.
166. Pickup tailgate/bed/side rails (if equipped).
167. Bedliner OK.
REAR BUMPER/FASCIA CONDITION168. Inspect all rear trim components for proper fit, no collision damage.
169. Check that aller guards and rubstrips are securely fastened.
PASSENGER SIDE FENDER, DOOR(S), QUARTER PANEL CONDITION170. Inspect areas for panel alignment, finish quality, or previous body work.
171. Weather seals, placement/condition.
172. Bodyside mirrors, mouldings and badging properly secured.
RADIO ANTENNA173. Inspect mast antenna, antenna secured.
CLEANLINESS174. Engine compartment is clean/degreased.
175. Interior compartment has been cleaned/detailed.
176. Vehicle exterior has been washed/waxed/detailed.
Vehicles are not eligible to be marketed as Certified Pre-Owned vehicles unless the dealer first performs all open safety, emissions and non-compliance recall repairs. GM has instructed its dealers to check for open recalls and to perform all needed repairs before listing any vehicle as a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle. Dealers are required to determine whether there is an open recall on a vehicle by entering the Vehicle Identification Number at the GM Canada Recall Centre website recalls.gm.ca.